Thursday, December 30, 2021

2021 Year In Review

We are just a little over twenty-four hours from the new year. My official reading goal for 2021 was 100 books, as of right now I have read 128. In my head I wanted 130 but I don't think I will make it. Below is a list of my most memorable reads from this past year as well as a couple of my most anticipated reads for 2022....


2021

I love, love, love Rebecca Zanetti. Bonus to me, I remembered I had purchased 'Hidden' eons ago and never got around to reading it, until this week. I am spending New Year's eve catching up on this series. 

Jennifer Armentrout is the only author who has made me cry and she has accomplished that three times. I literally ugly cried at the end of the Covenant series. She has this ability to make me feel what the characters are feeling. All that tension between Trinity and Zayne was too much! I have to admit I wasn't pleased I was getting a prequel to the Blood and Ash series when it wasn't even completed but I love 'A Shadow in the Ember' so much.

2021 was the year I discovered Leigh Bardugo. If it wasn't for Netflix I might not have known these great stories existed.







Dannika Dark gave me all the good feels with more Raven and Christian. She also brought back characters from my favorite Seven series. If asked, I could easily say Dark is my most favorite author.






I love a unique retelling of anything. Ann Aguirre gave me 'Mirror, Mirror', Laura Thalassa gave me the final installment of her The Four Horsemen series 'Death', and Katee Robert gave me a kinky version of Persephone and Hades 'Neon Gods'....I cannot wait until 'Electric Idol' releases next month!

Sarah Maas took a character I absolutely hated and made me love her in 'A Court of Silver Flames. And I have decided I am the only person on the planet that actually enjoyed 'Crescent City'. You can hate all you want but I said what I said.


2022
  • Electric Idol by Katee Robert
  • House of Sky and Breath by Sarah Maas
  • The War of Two Queens by Jennifer Armentrout

Friend me on Goodreads to see the other books on my reading list.
https://www.goodreads.com/heameljon


No comments:

Post a Comment