Sunday, July 3, 2022

Stealing Infinity (Stolen Beauty #1), Alyson Noel


 Stealing Infinity (Stolen Beauty, #1)

By: Alyson Noel

My Recommendation: 👍👍👍👍 - (Out of 5 👍)

Nat's life has dramatically changed since her father disappeared. She no longer cares about her friends, her appearance, or her grades. After a crazy night she cannot remember, she finds herself kicked out of school and arrested for something she knows she would never do. To save herself she agrees to enroll in the Gray Wolf Academy. As a part of Nat's enrollment agreement her mother's house will be renovated, her mom will receive a brand new car and a generous monthly stipend. Who wouldn't do all they could to save their remaining struggling parent?

Nat soon discover's that Gray Wolf Academy is not all the it appears to be and her education is one she never would have received at her old school. Not to mention a mysterious young man named Baxter. Nat isn't sure who she can trust or what she can believe. As she learns more and more about her new purpose she finds old memories of her father surfacing. 

I received an Advanced Reader Copy from the Publisher Entangled Publishing, LLC and Netgalley for an honest review. 

I find that I cannot stop thinking about this story and where it will go in the next installment. I usually need a few days to process a book but I just need to know what will happen next at Gray Wolf Academy. Alyson Noel's Stealing Infinity is a unique twist on the time traveling genre. Her writing is clean, clear, and with purpose. The story has a slow build that kept me engaged and wondering where she would take me next. Noel created an 'edge of my seat' feeling as I wondered what the school's founder was up to and how Nat's father played a role in the storyline. Not to mention that History is one of my favorite subjects and I was excited to see the different era's and historical figures incorporated into the time travels. Nat is a well rounded, nicely developed character who has become the angsty teenager she is due to her father's disappearance and the life challenges that presented to her at such a young age. The other students at the school are questionable, Nat doesn't know who she can trust and neither did I, which to me makes for great mystery and is great writing by Noel. This story is not a stand alone and is the first in a series I am looking forward to continuing.

You can purchase 'Stealing Infinity' now!

Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment